902 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristina_Garcia
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am in search of an AirTable data expert who can help me calculate percentage increases over each month from different records. I have a social media agency and use AirTable to store all our monthly analytics numbers and would like to determine percentage changes. 

I am in the midst of taking these numbers into my table and using the interface feature to create graphs to see it in a more user-friendly way. 

Please see here for a shared view of the table - https://airtable.com/appgifDfNJk8ia1a7/shrZ2KkZk6aMWcgGj 

Any and all help is appreciated. Please comment below if interested in helping out. Thank you! 

1 Reply 1

Hmm, once you've linked the records together, you can use lookup fields to pull the values over and use formula fields to help you get the percentages

To do this, you would:
1. Create a linked field to the same table
2. Create lookup fields to pull the data you need over, e.g. "Reach"
3. Create a formula field to display the percentage change.  When you create a lookup field, the field name will be something like "Reach (From Table 1)" or some such, so your formula would be something like:

IF(
  {Reach (from Table 1)},
  (Reach - {Reach (from Table 1)}) / Reach
)

I've something up here that does this for you

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.54.34 PM.png

---
Getting the records to link automatically is slightly trickier but still doable.  Given that this is a once a month thing it might not be worth the effort though?