1558 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brent_H
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is driving me nuts. I have a long text field (rich text turned off) that seems to have multiple line breaks.

Formula I used was Substitute(Field,“\n”,“”) and while it seems to work it also doesn’t. I tried with putting in a value instead of “” so I could see it working and it is working but also airtable seems to be keeping paragraphs anyway.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 153000

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brent_H

Ok I seem to have stumbled onto the solution substitute does not work for \r removal which I had tried already only regex_replace works but only on the original text column not if it is a lookup column.

REGEX_REPLACE(REGEX_REPLACE(Field,“\n”,“”),“\r”,“”)

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hi Brent, hmm, so you’ve got a long text field, and you’re trying to strip all the new lines out of it, right?

Could you have a look at this base and tell me where our setups differ? I was attempting to replicate your issue but couldn’t get it to happen, so I think I’m setting it up wrong

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 1.59.31 PM

Brent_H

Ok I seem to have stumbled onto the solution substitute does not work for \r removal which I had tried already only regex_replace works but only on the original text column not if it is a lookup column.

REGEX_REPLACE(REGEX_REPLACE(Field,“\n”,“”),“\r”,“”)

Lulenka

Hi Brent - loved this solutions unfortunately I am still getting stuck on 2 stubborn line breaks
I need help - my CSV file is downloading the line breaks in my long text fields - I tried to eliminate them by running >REGEX_REPLACE for \r, \n, \r\n, u2028, u2029, u0085, u00B6
This took care of most of the line breaks but there are still 2 stubborn line breaks I cannot beat HELP!