830 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikos_Gaz
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table with 200 records and two fields: cost and sold. Im trying to link to another table using the link to records to calculate the average sold price but I have not managed to make it work. Does it have to bring all the new records in the second table? ITs like i have to select 1-by-1 for all of them

Thanks

3 Replies 3

It would help us to have a little more info about your setup. What field types are the {Cost} and {Sold} fields? What data is in the other table that you mentioned? The more details you can provide (including screenshots where possible), the easier is is for us to help.

Links are indeed made one by one. There are ways to speed up the linking process in certain situations, but again, we would need to know more about your setup to know the best options to recommend.

Name (text) | Cost (Currency) | Sold (Currency)

Product 1 | 2.00 | 3.50
Product 2 | 5.00 | 5.50
Product 3 | 1.00 | 3.00

I have around 200 records and I’d like to calculate the average cost or the average sold price but in another table. And of course if possible not to link to records 1 by 1 :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the clarification. Do you want to be able to copy these average values elsewhere, or just see them for personal reference? One way to achieve the latter is to use the table’s summary bar:

There are several choices available on a per-field basis, one of which is Average, which will give you the average value for that field’s contents.

Will that work?