Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Manage booking event and waiting list

Topic Labels: Formulas
592 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

I search on the forum but I don’t find responses.
Here is my request :
I organise an event with many courses. To do this, I created a form in airtable to allow people to book a place to the course they choose.
But I want to limit the number of person for a class and create a waiting list.

For exemple :
In my form the participant can chose between class A, class B or class C. There is only 6 places for each class. So when six persons are registered for a class, I want to note the 7th person and more as “waiting list”.

In my table “Book a course”, I have a field with the quantity of places for a course (“6”), another field with the “autonumber field” to rank person when booked, another field with a formula : when the autonumber of a person is taller than quantity of places for a course, put the label “waiting list” and when this number is smaller or equal, put hte label “booked”.
This way, with “autonumber field” it’s OK if I have only one class on my table but I don’t find a way to do this if I have three differents class and one table because of the “autonumber field” .

Do you already try to do this ?
Thanks for your help
Ana - french speaker

2 Replies 2

Hey there! I tried building this out to help you, but sadly I had too many architectural questions around some of the decisions that have been made, and what impact they have to the solution.

Would you mind sharing a copy of your base with us here - CleanShot 2020-04-18 at 13.24.15 Or at least a basic version so we can try to help you?

One way to stop the 7th registration is to validate against a rollup field. Our Advanced Form for Airtable supports field validation. So you can prevent form submissions if the value exceeds a certain number (or many other conditions).