445 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergei_Reshetko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can you help me understand how I can easily calculate my task. I have the volume of the position, each position has its own value, I have a balance minus the value of the position, then I get the remainder (equal), I need to transfer this value to the original column and the next row for the correct calculation of the balance for the next position. How can I accomplish my task?Снимок экрана 2021-03-09 в 11.22.25

2 Replies 2

It sounds like you want to have a running total. You cannot do this by linking rows together—you will get a circular references error.

• You can build a gap in the circular references and have an automation bridge the gap. (But you have to be very careful in how you trigger the automation.)

• You can use scripting to calculate the running total. There is an example in the scripting documentation.

• You can use a massively complicated system of roll ups and linked records, formula fields, and a control record in a control table.

I solved this challenge by adding a checkbox field. When checked, an automation ("when record matches conditions) created a new record, while putting a number from the original record to the next.