cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Maslank
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

HI!

I’m concatenating a few name fields and have been running into what seems like a bug. An errant space shows up before the first field insert in some, but not all instances.

Code:

CONCATENATE("Set (",{Score Name}," + ",{Part Set Name},")")

Output:
da1cacc1ad78e38c12d28a7706ebd584c0ad7c3b.png

Thoughts?

Thanks –

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I’d say this is almost certainly a leading space before “Ink” in the {Score Name} field.

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 23.03.23

Not easy to spot but there is a space in front of the word Three in my example:

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 23.03.32

JB

If this solves your problem, please consider marking this answer as the solution. If it doesn't please post again. Thanks!

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I’d say this is almost certainly a leading space before “Ink” in the {Score Name} field.

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 23.03.23

Not easy to spot but there is a space in front of the word Three in my example:

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 23.03.32

JB

If this solves your problem, please consider marking this answer as the solution. If it doesn't please post again. Thanks!

So!

It was in fact a leading space, but it was cleverly buried in the middle of a formula several tables away. The system seemed to strip out the leading space when displaying the formula output, making it harder to track down.

Thanks for reminding me that the clear issue is sometimes the actual problem.

Cheers,

Matthew

While having clean data is preferred, of course, this could also be addressed in the formula by wrapping TRIM() around the field reference. That will nix any errant spaces, front or back.