cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cory_Shrecengos
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello!
I am trying to add a view onto my content tracker for localization efforts of some of our content assets. The content that meets a certain criteria feeds into this view and there are columns for all of our Tier 1 and Tier 2 languages. However, I want to automatically populate the “US” field with a link to the final asset, since all of our content originates in US English.

The challenge is that there are 3 columns where the link might exist. The first column is the highest priority, if there’s nothing there then it goes to the second column, and ideally if there’s nothing there then it would default to the third column (the reason for this being that different content types will have different final content sources.

I was able to create a nested IF for just the two options, but now I can’t figure out how to add in the third column to the mix if those fields don’t have any values. The hierarchy is {Marketo Link}, {Published Page Link} and then {Link to Final File}

Here’s what I’ve got:

(IF(FIND(".com", {Marketo Link}), {Marketo Link},{Published Page Link}))

I know there’s got to be a better way to do this. I also use “.com” as the find because they are always links, but if there’s a way to just say “this cell includes something” then that would be ideal.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

What you’ve shown isn’t a nested IF, its a regular IF encased in extra parentheses

That’s IF({field name}, value if true, value if false)

An actual nested IF would be:

IF(
   {Marketo Link}, 
   {Marketo Link},
   IF(
      {Published Page Link},
      {Published Page Link}
      {Link to Final File}
   )
)

Hey,
Thank you! I was trying to create a nested IF but reverted back to regular IF so I was mistaken. I tried the nested IF that you shared and it didn’t work, but it did make me realize what I had done wrong in my original formula.

Here’s where it came out:

IF(
  FIND(
    ".com", {Marketo Link}), 
    {Marketo Link}, 
    IF(
      FIND(
        ".com", {Published Page Link}),
        {Published Page Link}, 
        {Link to final file}))

Thanks for your help solving this one!