Help

PB with formula with multiple results + text (Notion like style) - is it doable with airtable?

Topic Labels: Formulas
886 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricB
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,
I try searching the numerous existing posts but I couldn’t find my answer.

Here it is, I need to migrate a database from Notion to Airtable and I’m not sure if the formulas in airtable enables me to do the same as the existing Notion one :slightly_smiling_face:

Having a formulas counting different multiple select occurences and adding text within the results too (cf screenshot)
Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 15.23.07

So the idea, as a result, is to get 1 line per language with the total of the different languages occurences:
Français : 4
Espagnol : 5
Anglais : 2
Etc.

I tried something like

IF(LEN(SUBSTITUTE(Maternelle, "Français", ""))>1,"Français:"+(LEN(Maternelle) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE(Maternelle, "Français", ""))) / 8,"")

But I get NaN as a result → does it mean formulas can’t have calculation + text as a result ?

and doing it for several languages

IF(LEN(SUBSTITUTE(Maternelle, "Français", ""))>1,(LEN(Maternelle) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE(Maternelle, "Français", ""))) / 8,"")+IF(LEN(SUBSTITUTE(Maternelle, "Espagnol", ""))>1,(LEN(Maternelle) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE(Maternelle, "Espagnol", ""))) / 8,"")

BUT I get one total number as a result so not what I want either

Thanks for your help ! I guess Airtable can allow me to do what Notion does but still new to it so not sure…

1 Reply 1
EricB

Anyone on this one ?