cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krtphr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey guys,

New to AT, and needed some guidance on what I'm trying to accomplish, and if AT can do this via the forms. I'm designing a form and was curious if I was able to select an entry (via drop down), and then it'll auto populate another field with whatever said user selected in the first field (drop down).

I tried this with conditional statements, but maybe I'm lost.

Ex #1: John Doe selects "Timecard" as an entry in the drop down field > The next field is populated with whatever is associated with "Timecard".

Ex #2: Jane Doe selects "Building 1" as an entry in the drop down field > The next field is populated with whatever is associated with "Building 1".

I wanted to make this form pretty simple for whoever's entering information. I can prefill those entries out in AT and possibly have it hidden - upon selection. So if John selects "Timecard" the next field will bring up options for him to select, rather than John manually entering into the field and possibly entering a typo. 

Hopefully this isn't confusing to you guys. 

Thanks all. 

1 Reply 1

At this point in time, Airtable only supports static prefilled View Forms (not interface forms) which is done via the form URL link.

What you’re needing cannot be done natively, unfortunately.