cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi everyone!

I’m surprising myself by not being able to figure this out. I swear at one point or another I had been able to pre-fill an airtable form with a field that includes an emoji.

For example, I want to pre-fill a single-select {Status} field in a form with a status of

“ :calendar: Consult Scheduled”

I’ve tried it with the actual emoji character as well as with UTF-8 (hex) encoding (which is what Airtable spits out if I wrap the emoji in the ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT() function - see below).

https://airtable.com/shrIXXXXXXXXXXXXX?prefill_Status=%F0%9F%93%86%20Consult%20Scheduled

https://airtable.com/shrIXXXXXXXXXXXXX?prefill_Status=📆%20Consult%20Scheduled

Neither of these work. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Should I just forget about the emoji? Maybe try a different emoji? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Welp, I’m feeling pretty silly at the moment. I had other parameters in my URL and forgot to include another “prefill_” after my ampersand.

My actual URL looked like

"...?prefill_Contact=John%20Doe&Status=📆%20Consult%20Scheduled"

When it should have looked like…

"...?prefill_Contact=John%20Doe&prefill_Status=📆%20Consult%20Scheduled"

:woman_facepalming: Embarrassing. Thanks for taking the time to help :grinning_face_with_sweat:

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Chen_Pro
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

Does the “ :calendar: ” icon is on your list in the single-select record?
it’s must appear there first so you can “call” it with the link.

Yes, that is an option in my single select field :slightly_smiling_face:

Chen_Pro
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Welp, I’m feeling pretty silly at the moment. I had other parameters in my URL and forgot to include another “prefill_” after my ampersand.

My actual URL looked like

"...?prefill_Contact=John%20Doe&Status=📆%20Consult%20Scheduled"

When it should have looked like…

"...?prefill_Contact=John%20Doe&prefill_Status=📆%20Consult%20Scheduled"

:woman_facepalming: Embarrassing. Thanks for taking the time to help :grinning_face_with_sweat: