cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather_Parker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone -

I’m still very new to Airtable and ran into a formula error that I’m trying to solve.

Ideally, we would like to group tasks by the week they are due. I was able to find the formula to output the week number but can’t seem to find one that works that will produce the following output: “Week of 06/21”.

I did find the following two formulas from a previous post: Display the "week of" for a given date starting with Monday

• CONCATENATE(“Week of”," ",DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD({Date},-DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},‘e’),‘days’),‘M/D’))

• DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},‘e’)+1,‘days’),‘M/D’))

However, when I go to add the formula to my calculated field it returns an error. Could it be because my {Due Date} field is calculated as well?

This is the formula that I am using: CONCATENATE(“Week of”," ",DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD({Due Date},-DATETIME_FORMAT({Due Date},‘e’)+1,‘days’),‘M/D’))

The specific error is as follows: Sorry, there was a problem saving this field. Invalid formula. Please check your formula text.

Thanks so much for your help!
Heather

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

The second formula, which is a piece of the first, has one complete function and is trailed by incomplete pieces from two other functions.

The first formula produces no errors if you replace the curly quotes with straight ones:

CONCATENATE("Week of ", DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD({Date},-DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},"e"),"days"),"M/D"))

This forum adds “curly” quotes by default. When typing here, wrap formulas in backticks (`) to prevent it.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

The second formula, which is a piece of the first, has one complete function and is trailed by incomplete pieces from two other functions.

The first formula produces no errors if you replace the curly quotes with straight ones:

CONCATENATE("Week of ", DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD({Date},-DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},"e"),"days"),"M/D"))

This forum adds “curly” quotes by default. When typing here, wrap formulas in backticks (`) to prevent it.

Thanks @Kamille_Parks! Worked like a dream.