Help

Rollup formula referencing different column?

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
534 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexW-DP
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I am looking to create a rollup field to display the next task due for a project.  What I would like to do is have the rollup field display the task name, but the formula should reference something like the MIN({due date}) in order to select which of the many tasks are due next?  Can't seem to make it work and am wondering if it's possible or if I'm going about it wrong?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey there,

In your projects table rollup the due date field using the formula min(values). Use the filter option within the rollup to filter out completed tasks.

Zack_S_0-1694113505411.png

In Tasks table do a lookup of the due date rollup field

Zack_S_1-1694113579931.png

Also, in your tasks table use a formula that looks if the due date is equal to the rollup field and if it does, display the task name.

Zack_S_2-1694113615826.png

Finally, in your projects table, do a lookup of the calculation which I labelled 'next task'

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey there,

In your projects table rollup the due date field using the formula min(values). Use the filter option within the rollup to filter out completed tasks.

Zack_S_0-1694113505411.png

In Tasks table do a lookup of the due date rollup field

Zack_S_1-1694113579931.png

Also, in your tasks table use a formula that looks if the due date is equal to the rollup field and if it does, display the task name.

Zack_S_2-1694113615826.png

Finally, in your projects table, do a lookup of the calculation which I labelled 'next task'

AlexW-DP

Thanks Zack - and I appreciate the helpful screenshots!