cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diletta_D_Arrig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m very new here and I’m still trying to learn this immense platform.

I just attached the image of what I am working on.
I would love Airtable to pick up the duration of each topic and update the start and end
For example “hosting introduction” is 3 mins, starts at 12:00pm and finish at 12:03pm The next topic is “industry updates” and it will last 7 mins starting from 12:03 til 12:10.

Does anyone know a formula that will calculate the time?

Thank you so much to everyone who will read this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

WeChat Screenshot_20200519151339

15 Replies 15

This is pretty much the same script as in the other thread that I just replied to, but this one has a more friendly UI so that you don’t need to manually change the code to enter your field names.

Please share a screenshot showing your table as it’s set up before running the script. Something tells me this will provide some useful clues to why it’s not working for you.

I know… was trying hard to figure out using the other script you had… it seemed to work. But only thing it doesn’t do is then put the end time from the top row to the bottom and cascade it down.
Here is the screenshot
Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 3.18.30 PM
Thank you Justin for helping on this!
Pam

In my original instructions, I mentioned that a fixed date/time in the “Start Time” field will always be accepted as-is, and not overridden by the previous record’s end time. What you need to do is erase the start times for everything except the first record. Re-run the script, and it will fill those other start times based on the duration calculations.

On a related note, I submitted my script above to Airtable for inclusion in the scripts marketplace back at the start of April, and I haven’t seen it appear there yet, so I’m not sure if it’s going to ever show up. At any rate, part of the submission was to include a video showing how it worked. Maybe this will make its intended use more clear:

I’ll try to keep this video alive as long as I can, though I’ll probably end up recording a new demo to put on my YouTube channel eventually.

oh wow - I’m a total idiot. Yes it totally worked once I deleted the old info from the other records below the first start time! Awesome!! THank you so much Justin!

In case anyone else finds this thread and not the one where the script originated, there’s now a new thread where I’m planning to post updates and address support questions going forward. Within a day or two, I hope to update that thread with a version that will work in an automation.