659 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am trying to create a field that will say " Incomplete Info" with a conditional statement.

We two columns for custom products (price and description). If both columns are empty, info is complete. Record has no associated custom products.

If both columns are full, info is complete. Record with custom product has description and a price.

If ONE column is empty, and the other is NOT, we have incomplete info. If there is a price, but no description, or there is a description but no price, then that is when I want the "INCOMPLETE INFO" to appear. I can't seem to figure it out. I've successfully nested, but it will only ever apply to some of the scenarios provided.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Try this:

IF(
  AND(
    {Price}, 
    {Description}
  ),
  "",
  " Incomplete Info"
)

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 12.54.30 PM.png

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Try this:

IF(
  AND(
    {Price}, 
    {Description}
  ),
  "",
  " Incomplete Info"
)

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 12.54.30 PM.png

mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

Would you mind giving a brief explanation of the syntax and why this works? I did SO much googling and didn't see a solution like this anywhere and don't fully understand it. 

Ah apologies. I spoke too soon. It actually doesn't work, because the "incomplete info" warning shows up even when both fields are blank. If both fields are blank, then there is no "custom" product associate with the record, which is acceptable. I am trying to put in a safety net in case a custom description is input, but no price, or vice versa. No information in either field, or both fields filled is acceptable.

Also, I'm not sure if this would be easier or harder, but it might be helpful to customize the warning so it says "Missing price" or "missing description"

Ah try this:

IF(
  OR(
    AND(
      Price, 
      Description
    ),
    AND(
      Price = "",
      Description = ""
    )
  ),
  "",
  " Incomplete Info"
)

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 2.22.03 PM.png

The formula checks whether both the "Price" and "Description" field are filled OR if both are empty, and if they are to leave the field blank, if not to put in "Incomplete Info".  Here's a link to the formula field reference if that's helpful too!