cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhiresh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone, 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have 🙂 I'm working on creating an always up-to-date Airtable that consists of records being updated in Podio. So within Podio, I have an app with a sheet consisting of people; my colleagues have access to Podio, so when someone new needs to be added to the database, they can go on Podio and add to the table. However, in Airtable, I want to be able to update the new records that are created as well as any changes being made. That way, I can ensure that any new data being added to Podio is also being reflected correctly in Airtable.

At the moment, I have the simple scenario to 'watch items' in Podio and to 'create records' in Airtable. The thing that this does not take into account is the new data that has been added to Podio. Could someone suggest a scenario that will allow me to continuously update Airtable with the right records so that I can always have the most up-to-date information, even when my colleagues add to Podio instead of directly to Airtable? 

Thank you so much!  

2 Replies 2

If I were you, I would start storing the Airtable record ID inside the Podio task as well, and store the Podio task ID inside the created record

From the sound of "Watch Items", it probably triggers when a Podio task gets updated right?  Once it triggers you can have a conditional check whether the Podio task contains a record ID.  If it doesn't, create a record, and if it does, use said record ID for an "Update Record" action

Thank you for your help 🙂 

Would you be able to share an example of how I might start recording ID inside of Podio and vice versa, considering that I also have about 700 records already made without that ID.