1364 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yamen_Rabadi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello . Is there a way to preview a URL link (in field 1) to show within a table field (Field 2) as a thubnail of image ?

6 Replies 6

No, this is not natively built into Airtable. Airtable only provides the URL preview extension, but it only supports a tiny handful of websites, and it’s an extension so it can only show you one record at a time.

To effectively do what you want to do, you would need to use an external 3rd-party screenshot API service. A few screenshot API services are listed below, but I’m sure there are others as well.

Then, to automate the entire procedure, you would either need to:

1. Write your own custom JavaScripts.
  2. Use an API tool like DataFetcher.com.
  3. Use a no-code automation tool like Make.com, which doesn’t require any knowledge of writing code.

Note that these tools will provide a static view of what the image looked like when the service was run. If the image changes at the source, you will have a mis-match.

Right, good distinction. Airtable’s extension will load a “live version” of the site. Otherwise, using the other methods, you will only get a static version of how the website looks when you run your automation.

Thank you for your feedback and support . Is there a wesite that has resources / personnel that can help me in writing the custom JavaScript ? Mayby I can contact Airtable personnel who can provide me with this script .

You could look at Airtable’s scripting API:

If you are interested in a live preview of an image url in one record at a time in an extension, I show one way of doing that in this post.