352 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jodi_Harris
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I know this is very close to an IF formula, but my problem is that it’s a one to many, not a one to one relationship. I’m trying to avoid having to manually update who a manager supports every time that changes. So, in the screenshot below, I want a formula that can look to see where someone is listed as a direct support, and add the person who they support’s name into the “people they support” field.

Is this possible?
Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 11.36.32 AM

3 Replies 3

Hi @Jodi_Harris
If you place the Direct support people in another table and link to that table, you can use a rollup or a lookup to bring them in.

Jodi_Harris

@Vivid-Squid thank you!
The issue that I’m not sure if this solves, is that the People list is linked from a synced base that all the information needed gets updated in (aka who manages who), so I need all that info to automatically update. If I put the Direct Supports in a different table, won’t that be a second source of truth that needs to be manually updated?

Or maybe I’m just not quite understanding the relationship…

Jodi_Harris

@Vivid-Squid Ok I figured out what you were talking about, but the only problem is now that everyone on the People list is being filled out, not just the Direct Supports. So for example, it’s showing that everyone on the list supports people, when they don’t. I only want this field populated IF the person shows up in the Direct Support table. Does that make sense?
Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 3.58.35 PM