Help
Development & APIs
Share, ask questions, and learn more about the backend of your Airtable applications.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Is View CRUD via the Blocks API on the roadmap?

I’d like to be able to create and modify Views via the Blocks API. I know this isn’t currently possible but is it on the roadmap? Somewhat related - is there a publicly viewable roadmap for the various developer products?

Eugene_Kim by 6 - Interface Innovator
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Replacing all null values in Single Select type field

Hello, I have a table called “Prospects” in which there’s a single select field called “Status”. All the values in this table are filled from a connected form, but I am trying to insert a default value for “Status”. Regular “default value” functional...

Resolved! Run custom app without opening sidebar?

I have a custom solution that automates adding a linked record and auto-filling some fields, and the app is wired to a button. Every time the button is pressed, the sidebar opens to the app. I imagine this is totally expected behavior, and desirable ...

Brian_Frank by 6 - Interface Innovator
Solved
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos

Can Timeline App be open sourced?

Some time ago I requested support for BC dates in Airtable date fields (perhaps by denoting them as negative dates). I understand this feature is not a large value proposition for Airtable, and that it probably presents some unique challenges. I lieu...

Resolved! Reload app on useRecordActionData

Resurfacing the discussion from Reload app on useRecordActionData hook since it was never really solved. I have the same issue. I’ve tried useEffect() and useState() to store and update the state, but Airtable’s button action appears to generate reco...

Brian_Frank by 6 - Interface Innovator
Solved
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Support for date and datetime-local input types?

Hey, Wanted to know if there should be support for it. I just tried to use them but style is not what it should be I think. See attached screenshot of a block with the most recent version of the blocks package (v0.0.47): Thanks, Ronen Babayoff Super...

Screenshot 2020-04-30 00.54.10

Reload app on useRecordActionData hook

I’ve built a custom app which has functionality to both use it in the sidebar or have it triggered when you press a button field. I’d like to force the app to reload any time the useRecordActionData hook detects a change. How would I go about pinning...

Matt_Caruso by 6 - Interface Innovator
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Introducing: Blocks Testing NPM Package Beta

Hi all, We’re excited to release an open beta of a new Blocks Testing package! This new npm package will make it much easier to write tests for the apps that you build - crucially, without having to rely on the Airtable backend to run your block in a...

Labels