Help
Development & APIs
Share, ask questions, and learn more about the backend of your Airtable applications.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to query the line-number of a record

Hi, I’m looking for a way to query the “line number” (based on the current manual sorting of a table) when iterating over the records. I don’t have a table column which reflects the actual sorting so I can’t use a column as sort criteria with selectR...

Stefan_Kunz by 6 - Interface Innovator
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Shorten URLs using scripts?

Hi There, It seems that there is no way to call directly an external API to a record on Airtable. My goal is to be able to shorten URLs (using Bit.ly API) in my database. I was wondering if there is a way that scripts might be able to help? Here is B...

Script to change field type

Hi All! Can anyone provide some scripting advice - I want to create a script that changes a field type from Multiple Select to a Text field when it runs, and another script to do the reverse. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Daniel_Toma by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Get recordId of field when press a fiedl button

i have a button field that run a script, i need to get tha field id(recordId) after press the button in the script, in some examples they recommend to use recordAsync(), but i have to chose the record, and i need to get it after press the button

2021-05-26 10_22_11-Window

Loading a field from a view

Hello, I’m trying to learn basic scripting. I’m following some examples to get started and build a useful function, however I’m hung up pretty early on. I’m trying to pull all the entries for one specific field in a view. However, when I do this, my ...

Hashing Md5 using scripting

Hi everyone I am trying to create a hash of a record using md5. I am fairly new to script but I am willing to learn. does anyone have an idea of how to do that? Thank you

Using FormData in scripts

Hi, I’m getting an error when I try to use create a Javascript FormData object in preparation for posting to an API. I would have thought FormData would have been well supported. console.log(`Hello, ${base.name}!`); const endPoint = new URL('https://...

Multiple Actions with One Button

Does anyone have a solution for a script to run AND a URL to open when a button is pressed? I need actions within the base to be performed, but I also would like to redirect the user to a confirmation page once the button is pressed. I also have a ne...

Labels