Help
Formulas
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Question on conditional formulas

What am I doing wrong with this one? Please help! If ({Date Due} IS_BEFORE{Date to work on it}), “ :nauseated_face: ”))

Tobin_Perry by 6 - Interface Innovator
Solved
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Concatenate combined with IF statements

Hello, dear Airtable community. I want to generate a unique payment ID, based on the sum, date, cashier, and the type of transaction. Everything has been good by far, until I decided that I want to try using emojis. So, I assumed it should be a mix o...

Dimi_Timeline by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
Solved
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Auto Assigned Due Date to Writers, Weekdays Only

Hi, I’d like to auto-assign due dates to our writers. However, there are some conditions: I don’t want due dates to ever occur on weekendsSome writers work 3 days a week (M,W,F) and some 5 days a week. Is there a formula I can use to do this and all ...

Resolved! APR Formula Recreated in Airtable

Is it possible to recreate this formula in Airtable? Where: i = IRR L = Loan amount F = Points and all other lender fees P = Monthly payment n = Month when the balance is paid in full Bn = Balance in month n This equation can be solved for i only th...

APR_Formula

Time per 100 words

I’m a professional writer, and I have a table where I put all the projects I turn in. On the table, I list how long a project took me (duration) and and how many words it was (#) (along with other factors). What’s the easiest way to create a formula ...

Tobin_Perry by 6 - Interface Innovator
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Extract Value From String

I’ve tinkered with a few ways of doing this, but wanted to get some ideas about the most efficient way. I have this full address string: Street address: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW # 15 City: Washington State: DC ZIP Code: 20500-0003 I want to extract t...

Using Concatenate formula with Link to Another Record

Is there a way to utilize a concatenate formula + Link to Another Record to have a lookup work automatically? I currently have to copy/paste the concatenate result from the formula into the Link to Another Record to get the result via lookup.

Using Formulas in trial version

Can formulas be used in the free trial version ? Tried to use the multiplication * function but not successful. (error) message coming up.

Formula for a ledger

I have used spreadsheets for a while now but certainly not an expert. I would appreciate any help with formula for a ledger. I enter my info by date. Some entries have debits and credits.I would like the table to calculate new balance for each entry.

Teresa_Dey by 4 - Data Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Converting Start and End Day/Time Fields into Number Rounded

Hi everyone! I have done several searches and cannot find exactly what I am trying to do. I am relatively new to all of this and my ADHD brain struggles with all of the technical stuff at first, so I apologize if this is very obvious. I want to simpl...

Nate_Sheets by 6 - Interface Innovator
Solved
  • 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Remove NaN in a countdown date field

Hi There! I have a series of tasks with deadlines. The field next to “Deadline” is a countdown titled "Days Left’ with the amount of days left until the task is due. However, I don’t yet have/need deadlines for some of the tasks, so the Deadline fiel...

Extracting maximum year grouped by another field

Hi there, I am trying to figure out a formula to extract max year for a specific company based on the fields below. Max year should pick a max year for that particular company in the field. I tried using MAX function but it didn’t appear to work, is ...

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 2.07.58 PM
Jyo_D by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extract a number from a long Cell

This is the data in my cell <ANUZ2B2KI2XTG;ANUZ2B2KI2XTG;23.93+0=23.93;Me;26.12;Ig:r#5:><A20AY8YZ1X41HY;A20AY8YZ1X41HY;23.96+0=23.96;Me;26.12;Ig:r#5:><A2FATTUNY7ADJL;A2FATTUNY7ADJL;23.99+0=23.99;Me;26.12;Ig:r#5:> I am trying to extract the first numb...

Screenshot_84

Multiply Formula Error

Form some reason if I try to multiply or divide I get error however addition and subtraction works fine. What am i doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 8.04.31 am

Resolved! Tracking Sub-Tasks progress

Hi there, I’m trying to create a “ToDo” base with sub-tasks. I have one table with different “project” in every row, and second table with a few tasks linked to each project. Now, I want to create a rollup record to pull out the percent of the task t...

Chen_Pro by 6 - Interface Innovator
Solved
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Finding hidden dates + date_dif formula

Hi all. Does Airtable track the date when someone enters data or changes data? We are using it to schedule our content calendar, and I’m trying to create a dashboard showing how long it takes to move a project through several stages, which appear as ...

Joanna_Zuk by 4 - Data Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Prefilling a Form with Emoji

Hi everyone! I’m surprising myself by not being able to figure this out. I swear at one point or another I had been able to pre-fill an airtable form with a field that includes an emoji. For example, I want to pre-fill a single-select {Status} field ...

AlliAlosa by 10 - Mercury
Solved
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to set a date length based on certain dates

Hi all, I am formatting my database to show how long a volunteer has been with us (in order to determine when to give them their 1 year of service, 2 years of service etc), however, the cut-off date each year for our volunteers is 30th April. For exa...

Max Date from related records help

I have a table of Customers and a table of memos which are related to the Customer by Account number and in the memos table I put a note each time I speak to the customer with basic info of the date the person I spoke to and what was said. In the Cu...