Welcome to Airtable’s Community! We’ve outlined tips and tricks to ensure you are set up for success, connect with other members, contribute to the conversations and get the most out of the platform. We will continue to update this post with new learnings!
First things first, register with the community!
If you are going to be a frequent visitor or active contributor, we highly recommend you register. This account will be tied to your Airtable account. Once you are registered, you can take full advantage of what the community has to offer. You will be able to:
- Post new messages and reply to other members' posts
- Receive emails when someone responds to a specific post or topic
- Exchange private messages with other members
- Personalize your community experience
- Post comments on blogs that don't allow anonymous comments
- Post ideas, vote on the ideas you like best, and post comments
If you aren’t a registered member, you can only browse, search for information and read posts. Lastly, you won’t be able to participate in the fun stuff like giving kudos, voting on new ideas, engaging with other members and customizing your preferences.
So let’s get you registered!
- Click register located on the upper right hand corner. You will find it beneath the search bar of the welcome banner.
- Follow the prompts.
- Check your email for a confirmation email and click the activation link.
It’s important to note:
- This account will be tied to your Airtable account.
- You must have cookies enabled in your browser to register and to sign in the community.
- You must validate the email address to have their community account fully registered. Until you validate the email address via the link provided in the confirmation email, you are only partially registered.
If you have any questions about registering, signing in, or accessing content in the community, reach out to us email@example.com
There are a number of different ways to personalize and customize your community experience. We encourage you to start with the following:
- Change your avatar
- Add a signature for your posts
- Set common viewing preferences
Update your community avatar
Changing your avatar is a simple way to personalize your community identity. You can find your current avatar at the top right hand corner of any page.
To update your avatar
- Go to My Settings and select Avatars
- Update your new avatar in one of the following ways:
- Choose an avatar from the Community collection.
- Use an image from your Image Gallery. You can only use this option if you have uploaded images that have been approved.
- If you have been granted permission, use an image from the web. Click From the Web and enter the URL for the image. Then, click Set Avatar.
Add a signature for your posts
This signature will appear at the bottom of all your posts.
- Go to My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information.
- Enter your signature text in the Signature box.
- Click Save.
Set your viewing preferences
To customize your time zone, preferred language, format of your posts, date format and many others:
- Go to My Settings > Preferences.
- Click through the various preference tabs and make the changes you want.
- Click Save on each tab where you make changes.
The Airtable Community is a place to learn, share ideas and develop connections. Here you will feel empowered to:
- Engage in forums and discussions where you can post questions and answers
- Read blog posts and comment on articles
- Exchange ideas, suggest product improvements and vote on great ideas from the community
- Join community hosted events
- Deepen your connection with Airtable and other power users.
Whether you are a guest of a registered member, you are a vital part of our community. We want you to feel welcomed and encourage you to visit and participate often. You can expect fresh content regularly to spark new ideas. Ask the hard questions! It’s likely that someone will have the answer or guide you to the right spot. If you find a solution that works, pay it forward & share with the greater community. Your discoveries might create a huge unlock for someone else, leading them to new heights.
Gratitude is everything. Remember to thank community members who have helped you. You can express appreciation by giving kudos, accepting a solution that answers your questions or simply reply with a “thank you.”
Be sure to read the Community Terms of Service and Airtable's Community Guidelines so that you know what to expect and what is expected of you when you're here.