Help

Clear Unpublished Changes on Record Detail

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
956 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having the ability to clear unpublished changes on the interfaces has been very helpful, and is  in line with many of other development environments I've used.  In case I'm not being clear, I'm referring to the little blue dot (see below) letting us know the page has not been published, where moving the mouse pointer to the right bring up options including the clear changes.  

BillH_0-1686663751656.png

My concern is when you have enabled "Allow users to open Record Details" when they select a record in many different views.  This will open a Sidesheet (or full page view) of the record, which can be customized.  The problem is that there seems to be no way of clearing changes in this view, once you're made the change it's done, and if you go to the the main page and use the clear changes option it will not clear these changes.

To further complicate things, the Record Details sheet is shared for every page that points to that table, so an inadvertent change will show up in multiple pages.

Is anyone aware of a way to "Clear Changes" on a Record Detail sheet?  Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice.

2 Replies 2
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! At the moment, the "Clear unpublished changes" feature only works on the parent pages. There isn't a way to clear unpublished changes on the record detail pages. This is a fantastic idea! A way to be able to clear all changes, including those on the record detail page, would be a great addition to the product. I encourage you to post this idea in the Product Ideas section as I am sure others might be looking for similar functionality.

@Vic_Airtable Thank you.  I will try that.