cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Jakarta
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Everyone, 

I have a table called 'projects' that has a field called 'schools' . I want to be able to display the number of unique schools in this field using the Number element in Interfaces. 

I can count the record easy enough but the records in the project table may contact multiple instances of the schools so I'd like to display a count of how many unique records there are.

Hope that makes sense   

Jason

4 Replies 4
Dominic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Jason,

If you use the Field Summery to select the field called "Schools".  The change the summary type to "Unique", that should give the answer I think you are looking for.

Screenshot_2023-08-22_at_17_23_42.png

Screenshot_2023-08-22_at_17_24_14.png

  

Thanks Dominic, that is useful to know but its a little more complicated its seems.

The 'school, field on the project is a lookup field so I don't get the option of unique. It seems that option is only available on the primary field. 

Any other ideas/work arounds ?

Are you able to share more details? The Summary type options available are dependent somewhat on the data type, so depending on the field type you are looking up, there could be times that you may not find this option.

Here I am looking up a single line text field and Unique is an option:

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 08.55.45.png  

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 08.56.04.png

Hey Dominic, I have moved on from the project and no longer have access to the base. I managed to work around it by finding other unique fields on the record that worked (email address).

I need to replicate the scenario and play around to determine what can and can't be rolled up with unique records. I'll post back if I find anything but I really appreciate you help.