cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgelabs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

About My Project:

I have a database that captures notes for multiple users with hierarchical categories. I want individual users to have the ability to view their notes (and not the notes of others) by these different hierarchies (which are category, sub-category, type, and tags).

Information is ultimately consolidated into a table called “Sub Categories,” which includes all of the hierarchies.

Each note is an individual record and the columns are: id, last modified time, category, subcategory, types, entries (this is the note itself), tags, user, and title. I want to create an interface that allows users to view their notes (and only their notes) broken out by day, category, sub-category, type, and tags. I created an interface with a gallery view (in hopes that it would look like the apple notes gallery view), and I want 4 dropdowns that allow a user to filter their notes by these different hierarchies.

Problem:

When I add a filter, I have to choose the option that I want to filter by. This doesn’t work (even if I wanted to have tabs) because the options are different for each user. If I add a tab, this doesn’t work because again, I have to choose what I want the view to include.

Goal:

What I want is for a user to be able to filter the notes (again, each note is a record) by the particular way that their notes are broken out. Is it possible for me to do this? I thought that a dropdown would be the best way - but it is only showing me linked fields which makes no sense. Any help or leads would be much appreciated! "

1 Reply 1

Hmm, could you try converting one of your filtering fields from a multiselect/single select field to a linked field to a new table?  If the Interface is already filtering to show only that user's records, the filter for the linked records should also only display their options

For example, here's an Interface that displays 3 records, and they're linked to A, B, and C.  The dropdown filter thus shows A, B and C

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 10.53.18 PM.png

After I filter the interface to only display records with the status "In Progress", the dropdown filter now only displays B and C

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 10.53.08 PM.png