cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Javier_Growth_L
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there, 

I'm not sure if this is possible or if I'm approaching correctly the solution, but here it goes: 

I'd like to create some sort of dynamic filter that when I input a date, everything else in this table will update accordingly. The link records that won't meet the filter criteria will be excluded, therefore, updating the COUNT calculation and all related formulas. 

Javier_Growth_L_0-1679998434531.png

To give you more context about the base setup, there are two tables: 

• Tickets
  • Suppliers

What you see in the screenshot above is the Suppliers table, which is aggregating all the tickets. 

Is there a way to exclude linked records based on a filter?

Thanks everyone!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Javier_Growth_L

Just replying to my own ticket because I found a solution to my issue - in case someone is facing the same challenge. 

In order to create a global filter between different tables you will need the following: 

1. Create a separate table with Name, Date and 2 link records to one of the tables
    Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 16.49.01.png
  2. You will need to bring the lookup values from those two records on the desired table
    Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 16.49.51.png
  3. Do the same in the other tables if they're linked - bring the lookup value of the Start Date and the End Date of your interval.
  4. Create a formula that evaluates if the "Created date" falls within that interval.
    IF(AND({Created date}>={Date (from Start Date) (from Supplier)},{Created date}<={Date (from End Date) (from Supplier)})=1,"Show","")​

5. Then use the record Picker in an Interface and link it to it's specific element Date
    Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 16.52.22.png

 Eh voilá! 
    Hope it helps!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Javier_Growth_L

Just replying to my own ticket because I found a solution to my issue - in case someone is facing the same challenge. 

In order to create a global filter between different tables you will need the following: 

1. Create a separate table with Name, Date and 2 link records to one of the tables
    Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 16.49.01.png
  2. You will need to bring the lookup values from those two records on the desired table
    Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 16.49.51.png
  3. Do the same in the other tables if they're linked - bring the lookup value of the Start Date and the End Date of your interval.
  4. Create a formula that evaluates if the "Created date" falls within that interval.
    IF(AND({Created date}>={Date (from Start Date) (from Supplier)},{Created date}<={Date (from End Date) (from Supplier)})=1,"Show","")​

5. Then use the record Picker in an Interface and link it to it's specific element Date
    Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 16.52.22.png

 Eh voilá! 
    Hope it helps!