Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Help Needed: Filtering Records by Status with Grouping by Company

349 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zparker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We’re working on creating reporting interfaces for our projects and have hit a snag. We’re trying to filter records based on Status while grouping them by Company using the tab functionality in Airtable. However, Airtable keeps automatically grouping the records by both Status and Company, which defeats the purpose of using the tabs as status indicators.

Does anyone know how to prevent this additional grouping? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Replies 3
Saravanan_009
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It sounds like you're running into an issue with Airtable's automatic grouping logic. Unfortunately, Airtable does not currently allow for completely independent grouping and filtering in interfaces.

One workaround is to create separate views for each Status, each grouped by Company, and then set up your interface to display different views based on the tab selected. This way, each view will only show records with a specific Status, grouped by Company, without the need for additional filtering.

If this approach doesn't fit your needs, you might need to consider using a third-party tool or an additional script to achieve the desired behavior.

Hmm.. If I understand correctly, you want:

1. Tab = Status
  2. Group = Company

I'd check the different layers of filtering. Remove any filter that has to do with "company".

Basically, use Filtering options like the tab for Status and Group options for Company.

I'm unsure if this is exactly the issue you're running into. I'm happy to look further into this if you want to share screenshots. 🙂 Let me know

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/

Hmm, does this look right?  If not, let me know what needs to be different and I'll see what I can do to help!

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 5.37.05 PM.png
Link to base