2554 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Berezny
5 - Automation Enthusiast

How do I delete an interface LAYOUT (i.e., when I click on a linked record on a page and it opens another page in the drawer with a customized LAYOUT). 

I have a whole bunch of excess layouts that I was experimenting with and it has made a mess of my ability to apply the right layout setting because the dropdown has tonnes of bad layout options that, and I like to delete them so that the don't get inadvertently applied across my interface. 

SCREENSHOT:
https://www.screencast.com/t/SiKFWk30oXjA 

10 Replies 10
Aaron_Holmes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same question...

Mike_Buck
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Go into edit mode, and when you see the option to add new layers, if you hover your mouse over the one(s) you want to delete you'll see three dots.  Click those dots and delete is an option.

Agree its not super intuitive to find.

Tim_Berezny

@Mike_Buck I think that would be for deleting a page in an interface, not a layout.

I'm referring to the layouts that you assign to lookup items in a page, which open another drawer to see their details

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Shockingly, Airtable has given us no way to delete record detail layouts. I would send an email to support@airtable.com and ask them to implement this ASAP.

jjl-pdx

I don't see any way to do this, but as a work-around, I rename the old record detail layouts as "delete1" "delete2", etc... so I know not to use them. Some day, I'll actually be able to delete them... someday. 

jcervantes
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'd also like to delete a Layout page @airtable 

OliCoral

i agree, unfortunately, you can create new layout, but not possible to delete it. Will be great to have this feature one day to clean unused layouts (not linked).

RayThacher

I also need a way to delete layouts. We use a system to create Dev/Prod versions of our interface and this makes duplicates every time we deploy our changes, which we then cannot delete. 

Noelle_Poulson

Really struggling with this as well. I have one nested layout (I go into one and then deeper into another) and I initially chose a layout that is not the one I want. But there is no way to change to the one I do want once I go deeper into these nested relationships. I wrote to support as well so hopefully they will see the need for managing these layouts.