Help

Interface design youtube recommendations?

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
429 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erin_Alter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

i have been using airtable for 5 years. My team uses it quite extensively- particularly for automations. however, for the life of me, i cannot seem to create a useful interface. i have tried time and again. i see the promo videos, where interfaces look amazing. so i go in and try again. and almost immediately, i get bogged down. 

does anyone have a youtube guide they can recommend?

For airtable base topics, Gareth from GAP Consulting has been my go-to guru for years. everytime airtable drops a new feature, i wait for Gareth to cover it in one of his videos, and it all becomes clear. however, even Gareth has failed me when it comes to building interfaces.

my team is going to be onboarding a new set of users soon. and i have a feeling that an interface could be a real asset to the new users- so they don't have to deal with ALL of the data and can just focus on the parts that apply to them.

any suggestions for guides on building interfaces? 

thanks!

1 Reply 1

I don't know of any guides on building interfaces, but note that whenever you create a new interface page, you have 10 different interface pages to choose from.

Each one is radically different than the others, but in general, the top 7 interface pages are mobile-friendly, but they are way more limited in their design options.

The bottom 3 interface pages (Record Review, Record Summary, and Blank) give you the most flexibility in terms of design, but they aren't designed to work on mobile devices.

If you need even more design flexibility than what Airtable's native interfaces offer you, you can always turn to external interface tools, such as Noloco's advanced interfaces for Airtable or JetAdmin or Softr or Pory.

Personally, I love using Noloco with my Airtable consulting clients.

I give a brief demo of Noloco on this Airtable podcast episode.

And I gave an entire one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

The CEO of Noloco gave a demonstration of his product on this BuiltOnAir podcast episode.

p.s. If you're interested in working with an expert Airtable consultant to help you design powerful interfaces for your needs, feel free to reach out to me through my website: Airtable Consultant — ScottWorld