839 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Ma
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I can’t thank the community enough for answering my questions! My next question is how to add a record from interface designer.

I have 2 tables; Names and Attendance. Names has all metadata associated with an individual person. Attendance table is going to be used for tracking if a record/person in Names table has logged in. Every person in Names table has a unique_ID.

When I create a new interface, I can add 2 elements; Name and Date. Date works just fine but when I Add Record to Name it shows the unique_ID, not the person’s Name which is metadata in the Names table. In other words, I want to select a name from the Names table and add it to the Attendance table with the data from the interface. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

TYIA

3 Replies 3
Abdullah_Yuksel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is it compulsory to have the IDs on the first field in the Names table?
If it is not, using people’s names on the first field solves the problem. This can cause problems for same names. If it cause problems, using a formula field as the first field which combines names and the ids can help you. So, creating Name and Id fields separately, then using the formula <Name & “-” & Id> in the first field can be a solution.

@Abdullah_Yuksel Thanks, that’ll work for now! I didn’t realize I could have the primary field be a concatenation based on other fields in the table.

Or a simple namecombiner may help here very well