Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Interface designer sorting an automation generated field

250 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Musgrave
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have created a record review interface to review projects, projects tasks, and click into the task to mark it complete. In my interface it shows my list of projects on the left hand column, with the selected project data in the main section. Within this project there are assigned tasks which display on the interface. I need to be able to display these sorted by order. I am not seeing the functionality to do this. Is there a way to have the "project"  "tasks" display on the interface based on their "order" assigned to them?

The tasks are setup in a "tasks template" base. So that when I create a new "project" matching a "type" of project, an automation runs and it pulls all the tasks associated with the project. Because these are pulled via an automation, they are called at random and not sorted in any particular order.  I was thinking I could break down the create tasks step into multiple steps filtered to only call "order" = 1, "order" = 2, "order" = 3, etc... but that seemed like a subpar solution at best. Im also trying to avoid concatenating the "order" to the beginning of the "task" name field. 

I also checked the automations and I couldn't find anything with regard to sorting. Is there something I'm missing? Or a simple workaround to get these to display in the interface as I am trying? 

Screenshot Attached

2 Replies 2

Hmm, in the automation that links the Tasks to the Project, what if you used a "Sort Record" and then using that output?

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 1.10.15 PM.png

---
If you're open to changing your Interface view to display it as a view instead you could just use inbuilt sort too:

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 1.11.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 1.11.25 PM.png

Link to base

Jeff_Musgrave

Thank you for your reply, I did play around with the "sort list" automation feature, however this is only letting me sort the data in the projects base, not the 2nd level data pulled into the tasks field, as the find records automations runs off a new project entered and assigned a type 

I will look into the change of interface setup, I needed something put together quick so will need to see if I can recreate what im using with a different type of interface design....but for now out of order they are.

Thanks!!