Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

is there a solution to avoid filtering twice in an interface?

Topic Labels: Views
Solved
Jump to Solution
198 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baptirey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I have a table containing information about clients: surname, first name, end date, etc., as well as the number of hours sold. In another table, I have the tasks for each customer with the number of hours used.

I've created an interface that summarises the job information by customer. At the moment, I need to filter by customer to display all the tasks, but I also want to see the number of hours sold directly in this interface.

However, to obtain this information, I need to apply two filters:

Filter 1 on the Tasks table to select the customer. Filter 2 on the Customers table to retrieve the hours sold. Is there a solution to avoid having to filter twice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Saravanan_009
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

To streamline viewing hours sold by customer in Airtable, first, link your "Tasks" table to your "Customers" table using a link field. Then, add a lookup field in the "Tasks" table to pull in the "hours sold" information from the "Customers" table. You can use a rollup field to aggregate or summarize this information if needed. In your interface, apply a filter to display tasks for the selected customer and include a component to show the total hours sold, utilizing the data linked from your "Customers" table. This approach allows you to view both task details and hours sold in a single filtered view without needing to apply multiple filters.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Saravanan_009
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

To streamline viewing hours sold by customer in Airtable, first, link your "Tasks" table to your "Customers" table using a link field. Then, add a lookup field in the "Tasks" table to pull in the "hours sold" information from the "Customers" table. You can use a rollup field to aggregate or summarize this information if needed. In your interface, apply a filter to display tasks for the selected customer and include a component to show the total hours sold, utilizing the data linked from your "Customers" table. This approach allows you to view both task details and hours sold in a single filtered view without needing to apply multiple filters.