cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

Given that airtable cannot filter linked records, is there any way to access the limit record selection to a view from an interface such that the user can switch between views as needed? I have also put in a feature request to filter linked records but in the mean time maybe someone knows how to switch views from an interface? Thanks in advance!

Ella_0-1692909624454.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Valentino_Escal
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Ella,
I had a similar issue that I contacted support with close to a year ago. This is a snapshot of the response i received  "Due to some of the recent updates to Interface Designer, including the new permission model, we no longer load view data on an interface. For this reason, the base view setting does not affect the interface filter. "

There are multiple ways to get around not being able to display the linked records you want in an interface from a specific view in a table. The easiest way I found is to show specific records using a filter in the interface element and sort them when possible. It's hard to give more specific advice as I do not know what element you are using in your interface.

I don't know how helpful this might be for you but I hope it helps!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Valentino_Escal
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Ella,
I had a similar issue that I contacted support with close to a year ago. This is a snapshot of the response i received  "Due to some of the recent updates to Interface Designer, including the new permission model, we no longer load view data on an interface. For this reason, the base view setting does not affect the interface filter. "

There are multiple ways to get around not being able to display the linked records you want in an interface from a specific view in a table. The easiest way I found is to show specific records using a filter in the interface element and sort them when possible. It's hard to give more specific advice as I do not know what element you are using in your interface.

I don't know how helpful this might be for you but I hope it helps!