Help

New Forms seem to allow for custom URL redirects. How do I point a Form to a specific field/URL?

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
69 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blake_Stack
5 - Automation Enthusiast

4 Replies 4

Hmm sorry I don't really understand the issue.  What happens when you put your desired URL into that input field?  Could you provide an example of the URL you want use?

Blake_Stack

@TheTimeSavingCo By using the {Record ID} function, my understanding is that the user would be re-directed to a URL within the newly created record from filling out the form. For example, if they selected "Option 1" (that was linked to another table), and Option 1 had an associated lookup field with a URL, the user would be redirected to that URL. Is this possible? 

You can use {record_id} as part of the redirect URL. For example, you could use https://airtable.com/appYOURBASEID/tblYOURTABLEID/{record_id} to open the expanded record view of the newly created record (if your user has base access). One of the original use cases leading to this was chaining forms so that you could use the newly created record as a prefill for a linked record field in a second form.

You cannot directly use a field value in the record as the redirect URL.

One technique is to use a third party service, like Make.com and send the {record_id} to a webhook that runs a scenario that reads the newly created record using the record ID, gets the URL in the lookup field, and then redirects the user to that URL.

Blake_Stack

Thanks, @kuovonne. This is helpful. I wish we could use a field value in the record as the redirect URL, with a dialogue warning that says, "This form is redirecting you to XYZ webpage, are you sure?"