Help

New lists feature is awesome except... add record auto filters before clicking out of row

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
290 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan_Lanier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Loving the new lists hierarchy feature. So Awesome! This is great for creating task lists for my team, while allowing to show additional project info about each task list. Love it. This works in most scenarios except....

I have a dashboard page in my interface that has a filter in place that shows only tasks for the current user that are due today. This is a visible filter element because I want users to be able to adjust that timeline as they see fit. For users to be able to check off tasks as complete I also need to make the element editable, which is fine, but then this gives users the option to add tasks, also fine.... except: My problem is that these tasks then get filtered out automatically before a user has the chance to fill the whole row of info. There is a warning that says it will filter once you click a new row, but it filters when clicking on any field within the new record. ANNOYING!

Either edibility needs more functionality to specify what exactly is editable (ie, having the option to keep edibility on, but record creation off) OR when you create a record, it at least needs to allow the user to fill out all fields before it disappears. Otherwise it's a little junky. 

I can't be the only one with this issue. 

0 Replies 0