Help

Notifications in Interface Designer (and opening them without leaving the interface)

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
1946 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FELIPE_GRIEBEL
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I made a task manager with the new interface designer. Basically a record list from a “tasks table”. It is indeed way more interesting to look at the rows of that table displayed as an interface.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid my team will be unable to look at their notifications from that view. If they go back to bases (enabling them to look at notifications again) and open a notification, it will open a regular airtable card, which could be confusing for some people.

I wonder if there’s a widget to put notifications in the interface, or maybe just the notifications regarding the table behind that particular interface. So when someone is mentioned in a row and that person opens the notification, it just refreshes the interface with the new row (displayed as an interface).

Thanks for this update, really appreciated.

9 Replies 9

Hi @FELIPE_GRIEBEL and welcome to the community!

At this point, there isn’t.

Jazmin_Poyser
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would also like to see this, notifications brought into interface. A bell in the top right hand corner.

Kate_Wright1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Just to make sure I get this… Folks I have set up as Workspace/Base Admins or editors are automatically taken to the base versus being sent to the interface is that correct? If we don’t want users to access the base, then we only need to share their access to the interface, correct?

Jazmin_Poyser
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The way notifications and @mentions are working at the moment with Interfaces is really killing us and making things confusing for our team. Currently when you @mention within Interfaces, team members receive an email, when they click on the link in the email it takes them to the record in the Base view.

We are trying to get management, admin and other users only using Interfaces. The above is proving realllllly confusing.

Is there any update on the notifications piece to interfaces?? Happy to share more of our use case, screenshots, loom videos etc.

Jon_Schober
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to this — our PMs are using the main base for master data management but we have the rest of the company using interfaces. It’s going great but we have a lot of commenting and really need those comments to open in the interface view vs. the base

Absolute Major plus one to this. at least let us view notifications in interfaces

Lynne_Fetterman

So notifications now exist in interfaces, however, we are having an issue where tagging someone in the base data record who only has interface access results in no notification. And a comment in the interface takes the back end team to the interface where they don't have access to update necessary fields, so they have to go find the record in the base. Anyone find a way to deal with this?

Albas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my voice to the chorus here. My user sends a notification of a sale. I see it from the data view, click on it, and get taken to the general interface that the user is, well, using—not the sale record. That means having to search for each and every sale individually. We need a notification bell in the interface view, one where each notification leads us to the record being referenced.

OmarA
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also like to voice that we are having the same issues with confusion and headache. Currently, we have setup multiple interfaces for the different disciplines. Each time I @ someone, they would be directed to the PM interface view, which is confusing to them and can lead to erroneous manipulation of data that they would otherwise not be able to edit. Can we maybe have users assign a Default Interface? That way anytime they are mentioned, it would open the record in the designated default interface?