3112 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katerie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

My team uses the revision history function a lot when editing records. Currently, that function is not available in an Interface, as far as I can tell. I hope that it can be added ASAP.

I have a workaround that embeds a link to the record in the base, and directs the team member to click on the link and open up the Activity pane to see the track changes. This is a workable solution, but far from an ideal one, as it requires the team member to interact with the base itself rather than the much more streamlined—and much less confusing—Interface.

17 Replies 17
Christopher_Ha2
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Jumping in here to second this request. Would be super useful

+1  -- I'd also like this.

JDB

This would be very helpful, as we are using interfaces more and more it would be amazing to not have to go to the full record to see revision history.

bult0023

I would love to know how you did this!

@Katerie I had to do the same thing unfortunately this renders the security purpose of an interface useless since they'll need access to the base also.

Here is how you do it @bult0023 

• Go to the table in the base where the interface data is referenced
  • Add a formula field. Name the field something like "Revision History Link"
  • Copy the URL of the of the view you are on, it should have 3 things in it https://airtable.com/app.../tbl.../viw.../
  • Put the link you copied in the formula I made below

"https://airtable.com/app1234asdfasdf/tbl1234asdfasd/viw1234asdfasd/"&RECORD_ID()​

• Now go to the interface where you want to put a button that opens the revision history
  • Make a button and set the action to "Go to URL in record" and set the field to the one you just made above.

Yes, that is what I actually do, but it would be better if for example, the field "Comments" could be switched between "Comments", "Revision history" and "All activity", like in normal table view:

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-09 a las 10.37.34.png

Itay_Kruk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

bcrossley

+1 would love to see this

Duncan_Dewhurst
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

cristopherlucia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Would love to see this.

maxwellmuller

Alright AirTable, it's been a year and a half and we still haven't gotten a solution to this. Can yall help us out?

krista
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also like to see this! 

tylerstephenmil
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

🙂 I also would love some ability to surface Revision History in Interfaces.

I suppose this is a little more complex than simply surfacing the complete Revision History in Interfaces since some users of the Interface might not be meant to see all the data exposed in the Revision History (like the names of other users, the Field Names and Field Values for Fields that may be hidden from the Interface itself, etc.). So maybe what we're really after is a filtered Revision History which specifically contains edits made to Fields that are visible in that Interface.

bult0023

For any following this - this is available now!

JDB

@bult0023 really? Could you share some where you found it, as I haven't seen in on my airtable yet?

bcrossley

In the newest version of the interface designer you can enable Revision History right below the toggle for comments within the record detail page

TylerH
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

oh wow thanks for sharing that, I had to create a new layout as my old one is now "legacy" and doesn't have the option you showed. After creating a new layout I was able to enable Revision History 🎉