2413 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verify_i-Nine
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The “record picker” allows one to search for and select a record by the primary field only, it seems. I would like to see a true search element that can be configured to search multiple fields, or all fields within the specific view.

8 Replies 8

Yes, that would be a nice feature to have all throughout Airtable — for example, anywhere a linked record field shows up.

You might want to check out On2Air: Amplify, which lets you create custom interfaces that can search across any field:

Also, if you’re using Airtable’s normal built-in views that come with Airtable, you can use Airtable’s search app. (But apps don’t work within interfaces.)

Navarchy_Commun

Would love to see that Feature, I just posted a question about it myself. It’s currently a deal-breaker for me that this is not possible.

But other than that I do like the product.

Joe_Savage

This would be a really big feature to have added to Interfaces. As its currently designed, it means the search tool is very limited.

Dismal_Reindeer

10 months on an no full record search in interfaces. Would really love to see this feature! It is preventing us from having one single point for our teams to go to. For now we need to have a 2nd interface page just to search different terms. Being limited to 3 search fields is really limited!

Doriana_Musselm

I am struggling to get my boss on board with Airtable. I think a simple “SEARCH ALL FIELDS” filter would solve the issue of simplicity for her. I have created an interface which, visually simplifies things, but she still needs it to search all fields by just typing in the search field, less clicking on filters. PLEASE AIRTABLE, can you add this function?!??!

You can just hit command-F (or control-F on Windows).

In the Interface designer, we now have at least three — and possibly four? — tools for finding records in a grid.

1. If the grid is in focus (click on it if it’s not), you can type Ctrl-F. Same as doing this in classic Airtable grid interface, except that in the interface, the magnifying glass isn’t visible all the time.
  2. You can add a record picker and connect to the grid.
  3. OR you can add a filter block and connect it to the grid. I’ve got one that provides a four-part filter that by default consists of “Contains” operators: Name contains ? and Address contains ? and Tags contains ? and Organization contains ? The AND conjunction has to be configured into the filter block. Right now I don’t see a way to have an OR conjunction for multiple requests but I’m still playing with it.
  4. Use of the SEARCH extension???

It’s that last one I want to ask about. When I type Cntl-F, the Find in view field adds a little recommendation: Use advanced search options in the search extension. See screenshot below. This is in a published Interface. But I can’t see a way to get the Search extension to be usable inside an interface. Is this just a glitch that I should report? Or am I missing an important trick here? Would be awfully nice if this actually worked!

William

THANK YOU!!! This is a LIFE-SAVER!