cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Service_Techniq
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
I’m new to the Airtable platform, thank you all for your future answers :slightly_smiling_face:
With the Interface Designer application, I would like to display a sum of durations in a graph.
The field is well created as a duration but impossible to sum it in the graphs. On the other hand, no problem in the Number element, the sum of the durations does this well.

Could you help me on this problem where maybe because of BETA version this option is not developed yet?

thank you for your comeback

Cordially

7 Replies 7
Yever
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi

We experience the same issue, which blocks us from fully using interfaces or charts. 

Any feedback would be very much welcomed. 

aideinfooxalis
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are looking for the same here. We need to sum a duration field in our interface.

Thanks Airtable for your help

ns

+1

Need this badly too...

Helpdesk_softwa

Hi. I was researching this too and there is a work around detailed here, which I tested: https://support.airtable.com/docs/duration-field-type

Thank you, that worked, still weird that charts can't compute straight up durations

Hi Kim. That's good to hear. I have found a few issues with date calculations in Airtable, but there are usually workarounds, some of which are complex, and support email was of great help. For instance, trying to put months on the X axis in month order requires using a numeric prefix (e.g., 1-January) for ordering. Formulas involving date calculations for outputs into automated emails is another nightmare. But the workarounds do the trick thankfully. Hopefully these "issues" will be resolved in the future. PS: It appears that support are now being geared towards the higher paid plans (we are on the newly created Teams plan), which is unfortunately understandable. 

Cheers
Shaun