Help

Designer/Florist Looking for Base Setup!

Topic Labels: Looking for talent
3801 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeganLW
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I've been scouring all threads, extensions, and templates for help with creating a base- and several threads I came across that had the same requests as me tended to come up with "hire an expert"

My workflow consists of different phases:

1. Inquiry
2. Proposal/Research
3. Booking/Follow-ups
4. Planning
5. Prep
6. Week-Of Event
7. Cleanup
8. Follow Up

Each phase has a bunch of different tasks. For example, the "Prep" stage has each of these tasks:

Create Flower Recipe
Rent Van/Transport
Book Accomodations
Finalize Hardgood Counts
Order materials for special mechanics
Digital Mockups
Final Call
Create Timeline
Submit Flower Order
Prep Hard Goods
Adjust Packing List

All of these tasks in each phase need to be repeated for every event. And each of these tasks has a deadline range relative to each event. (submit flower order needs to be done between 21 and 45 days before the event). I am fine setting a single deadline for each task, but the deadline depends on the project date.

Right now I have a table for Projects, and a table for tasks, but I'm really struggling to come up with due dates for each task per project. And I'm struggling with how to move each task within phases.

MeganLW_0-1670135346069.png

We have three different team members, and any team member can do any aspect of each- but it would be awesome if any user could take "ownership" or mark that a specific task is in progress, or waiting, etc.

I'm so excited about airtable! My brain is just very visual and I can't figure out the formulas to work around this

2 Replies 2

Hi @MeganLW, If your company has a budget to hire an expert Airtable consultant to form a long-term consulting relationship with, please feel free to contact me through my website: https://www.scottworld.com/airtable

Hi Megan!  On the off chance you're still looking for help, I do free half hour calls and I could perhaps make some suggestions that might help!

You can schedule one here