cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyan_Magenta
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello

I am an indie filmmaker and I am working on a film project. I am looking to develop a unique and a companion workflow application for FCPX. Based on my findings, there is no dedicated application to what I am looking for. The application involves, database management, handling of audio, video, images and metadata. After much detail research, I realise that Airtable might be the perfect database management platform that I am looking for for the backend. The are couple of ways to my problem. The old school and new school. The old school way might be parse xml from FCPX into CSV and import that into Airtable. But I am thinking of a new school ways and thinking of the possibilities that it might open up.

The concept for my app is simple. Despite being simple I believe that the engineering could be a little challenging. I also believe is it can be groundbreaking idea in the filmmaking community and can revolutionise future workflows.

Apple have published documentation for FCPX Workflow Extension Development. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/professional_video_applications/workflow_extensions

The idea, I would have pre-populated base in Airtable. FCPX Workflow Extension Window would act as front end to the database. I would create entries, type in the data, select all the relevant drop-downs. I want to drop & drop the entries on the FCPX timeline. Drag & Drop Images from FCPX to each entries. These are some ideas.

I don’t have much budget to this development at the moment. But I am looking for a passionate developer and have the know how to help me develop this Workflow Extension. If you keen or interested to help me to conjure this app, please send me a direct message or leave your contact details below.

Thank you and looking forward.

2 Replies 2
Trish_c
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

Trust you’re keeping good.

PM send, please check.

Regards,

Trish

Cyan_Magenta
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

Are there any developers who is able to provide help on this? Thank you.