cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles_Barber
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

To whom it may concern,

I run a small (one-man) catering business with dozens of menu items.

I need a way of capturing my customers’ orders into a table, in such a way that I can use Airtable’s blocks feature to generate a job sheet for each particular order, detailing all the foods a given customer has ordered.

The tricky bit comes as I need the job sheet to not only tell me the foods the customer has ordered, but to also tell me the ingredients and quantities I require to make a the various items on the job sheet.

This get very tricky in Airtable as a number of our products are composite items – meaning something that we make ourselves from a bunch of other products.

For example, if my customer has ordered 100 portions of Greek salad, I need to record that on the job sheet, and then I need the job sheet to spit out the ingredients for me, which in the case of 100 portions of Greek salad would be:

Lettuce Heads x 3.33
Greek Feta 180G x 6.67
Kalamato Olives 250G x 3.33
Cherry Tomatoes 220G x 10.00
Red Onion Loose x 6.67
Cucumber Whole x 3.33
Yellow Pepper Whole x 6.67

Previously I used to do this in Excel, but I decided to bring the system into Airtable instead, since I have a whole bunch of other workflows which Airtable is already helping me manage.

The problem I have is that, the only way I could figure out to do this in Airtable, is by having many dozens of columns for my products, and then many hundreds of columns calculating the ingredients for each product.

Having to work with these hundreds of columns is busy becoming unmanageable, and so I am hoping to find somebody to help me improve the system and make it more streamlined and friendly.

Please do let me know if you can help.

Many Thanks, Charles
wizardome@gmail.com
+44 78 2575 2596

4 Replies 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I’d be happy to discuss some ideas with you, as well as getting a better understanding of how the Airtable will be an asset to your team and business.

Once we’ve discussed your vision and goals, I can then provide you an accurate price and timeframe to get the project started!

Schedule a free phone consultation via this link: www.wisedesign.co/schedule

To learn a little more about myself, please visit my website: www.wisedesign.co

If you’d like to connect with me on LinkedIn, please do so here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eckline/

I look forward to hearing form you!

Best,

Eric

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Charles,
What you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise and I would be happy to get on a call with you to discuss some of my ideas.
Feel free to reach out to me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

amanda_jones
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

hello Charles,

PM sent . please check.

Regards,
Amanda

Chris_XIV
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Charles,

Would love to chat more about what you’re looking to achieve here.

http://airtable.services/