Help

Re: Need help with rollup summary tables (time tracking system)

597 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Kemp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m trying to put together a time tracking system. Primarily need help with rollup summary tables. Probably one time situation, although there could be follow on work at some future point.

Here are the current tables:

• Projects table: allocated time per Month and per Week per Project (we get a contract for project and enter the Hours allocated per Month and Week, contains Project Start Date and End Date)

• Tasks table: manual task entry with Date, Actual Hours worked

• Project Hours Logged table: manual daily time entries of hours against projects

Work Needed:

• Project Hours Logged table: would like to replace manual entry with rollup of Hours per Day and Week from Tasks

• Summary Hours table: rollup of Project Hours Logged by Week and by Month per Project to show what our utilization of Hours used compared to what Hours were allocated within Projects table (by Week and by Month)

Example:

Projects table contains:
Proj1 (name of project)
20 Hours allocated per Month
5 Hours allocated per Week

Tasks table contains task entries:
graphic design 2 hours May 6, 2019 (Proj1)
web design 10 hours May 6, 2019 (Proj1)
web design 1 hours May 15, 2019 (Proj1)
web design 8 hours May 22, 2019 (Proj1)

Project Hours Logged table should contain rollups:
Summary by Weeks:
Proj1 May 2019 Week#1 12 Hours
Proj1 May 2019 Week#2 15 Hours
Proj1 May 2019 Week#3 8 Hours
Proj1 May 2019 Week#4 0 Hours

Summary by Months:
Proj1 May 2019 21 Hours Worked, 20 Hours Allocated
Proj1 June 2019 0 Hours Worked, 20 Hours Allocated

4 Replies 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jeff_Kemp

This sounds like something I’ve done before actually and your request seems very doable. I do have the availability to get started right away.

Would you be available to schedule a call so we can discuss your project in detail so I can hear your ideas and provide a price and turn around time to get this going.

If you’d like to discuss your project, please schedule a free consultation with me via this link:

https://calendly.com/ericwebdesigner

You can also connect with me on linkedin - http://linkedin.com/in/eckline

Best,
Eric Kline

Hi Eric, sure can schedule a call. I understand projects typically can be billed hourly or project based. Can I get an idea of your rates?

Hi @Jeff_Kemp,

Would working with groups be an option? Just an idea.

Thanks, I do have groups set up. What I need is not just a sum by group but a comparison of hours by week and month to what was allocated on another table.