Help

Add a "red" ROW color when a form is submitted - possible?

1065 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Henry_Dalziel
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Here’s what I am trying to achieve:

When a user submits data on our AirTable form it populates a row (as it is meant to).

I’d like it so that when a user submits data the row has the sidebar change color to, say, “red” - this way I can quickly visualize the new data that has come into the AirTable Table

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Colors can be set based on field conditions, so make that condition something that would correlate with the form being submitted.

If there is nothing that you can think of that would distinguish a form submission from other records, then you can create an automation to update a field value upon form submission, and then use that field value as your condition.

You can compare the record’s created time and last modified time in a formula field to identify if the record is a new form submission. Then color the record based on the value of the formula field.

When a record is created with a form, the last modified time starts out the same as the created time.

When a record is created manually in the user interface, the last modified time starts out blank.

IF(
    AND(
        {Last modified time field},
        {Last modified time field} = {Created time field}
    ),
    "new form submission"
)

If you want a new form submission to “age out” of the new status even if no field have changed, you can adjust the formula.

IF(
    AND(
        {Last modified time field},
        {Last modified time field} = {Created time field},
        DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(), {Created time field}, 'days') < 1
    ),
    "new form submission"
)

Note that if you have automations setting field values, this technique will need adjusting so that the changes from the automation throw off the calculations.