Help

Adding a checkbox view of multiple choices for a field (volunteers)

Topic Labels: Views
1200 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam_Gertsacov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am relatively new to Airtable, former Filemaker user. I am trying to figure out how to replicate something I could easily do in Filemaker.

I have a base. Each record is a school volunteer who answered a volunteer survey in Google Forms, which I then imported into Airtable.

In it I asked them a number of checkboxable questions: What times would you be available to volunteer? Which jobs would you be interested in? Which committees would you like to join? Etc.

I want to create a view where I can see an “index card” for each user, and it shows me what times they are available and what they are interested in.

sample+database

In Filemaker, I’d just create a new view, change that field to checkboxes, and be done. I don’t see an easy way to do this in AirTable, but there must be. What am I missing?

2 Replies 2

Hi @Adam_Gertsacov ,

Welcome to Airtable Community!

You have 2 options to get that done:

1. Gallery View, but the cards will be vertical, so all fields will be underneath each other instead of a card like

2. Create an interface , this way you can show them as you need

Hope this helps

I tried to create an interface for this, but I don’t see how to add checkboxes to show that of all the possibilities, they selected three. It seems to show me (color coded) only the selections they made.

is there a step by step guide on how to get those index cards/checkboxes?