cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm a fresh user of Airtable. During Pro trial I created some basic table with a form for people to sign up for an event. To avoid any accidental changes to the form after it was shared, I locked that form.

Now the trial period has ended and I cannot unlock the view, or even delete it (after duplicating).

In all the places that allow for unlocking the view, the option is gone. When clicking on the view's bar on the lock icon, then "Locked view / Collaborative view", nothing happens.

This means that I cannot e.g. stop accepting entries. Link settings cannot be changed. The view cannot be deleted.

I wrote to the support, but I'm afraid of being forced to pay $20 for Pro just to unlock one form...

Any other ideas on what to do? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

As this pertains to base particulars, I've just sent you a private message to ensure this one gets resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks again!

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

So sorry for the trouble with this one! It looks like my colleagues in Support have since reached out to you regarding a fix, so hoping all has since been able to be unlocked, though please let me know if not—glad to help get this one sorted for you asap.

pwes

Unfortunatelly, colleagues were not able to help me. The workaround they suggest is not working, because it is not applicable to form views:

Any users with owner or creator permissions to the base should have the ability to unlock the view via any of the view menu options (e.g. hide fields, filter, group, sort, etc). Selecting any of the grayed out choices, choosing Unlock options, and progressing through the modals will successfully unlock the view.

The described workaround might work for grid views, but it doesn't work for form views, because they have no mentioned view menu options (hide fields, filter, group, sort, etc).

I tried to respond to the e-mails I receive, to support@airtable.com, but to that I receive a bounce message that:

On 3/10/2022 Airtable deprecated email support for customers on Free plans1 and will require support tickets to be submitted through the in-product Help menu. If you have a question or need assistance, please login to your account, then click on the HELP menu in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Then select "Message support". You will be taken through a series of questions to best route your request.

So I'm still with a locked form I can do nothing with...

Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

As this pertains to base particulars, I've just sent you a private message to ensure this one gets resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks again!

pwes

Thank your for your help, I was able to resolve the issue!

To the community: technically, there is no solution at the moment, other than getting back to Pro plan and unlocking the form. The workaround mentioned by me above only work for grid views, not form views.