cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamayne_Iseko
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I came across Airtable a few months ago and have been exploring this awesome tool since. I have been able to use Airtable to build some really handy tools for internal use in my business but I’m unsure how best I can leverage Airtable to build custom apps for my clients due to the lack of UI control.

I spoke to an Airtable expert a few weeks back and he told me Airtable are releasing a front-end UI builder that offers more or less what third party apps like Stacker and Softr offers. I was told this is something Airtable are testing internally and will be launched to users in August. I have asked him for an update but haven’t heard back.

Also heard the same thing in this podcast video, first 5 minutes.

I have a whole bunch of clients and projects I’d bring over to Airtable in a flash if such a feature is released. Does anyone on here know more about this?

Thanks
Jay

4 Replies 4
Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I saw the same functionality sneak peaked in a customer survey a few months ago(I neglected to screen cap). Sounds unlike airtable to quote you a date.

I know they just recently acquired a data visualization company a few weeks back. It could be that they tabled launch of this front end to leverage some the charts and graphs brought in by these new guys. I’m expecting some sort of drag drop data entry dashboard type thing. Null having a bespoke UI for various business needs, I hope this is the solution to our data validation woes. The spread sheet model doesn’t lend itself nicely to the aforementioned.

You should bug them about this on that new Youtube livestream they are hosting every Thursday(starting tomorrow)

Good idea!

I’ve heard the same thing. Anyone have this survey email they could share with us? It’s just that I’ve got a lot of projects that could use the proposed Airtable UI builder - which could be very handy! But not knowing how long to hold off going with something like Bubble is a little difficult.

Cheers!
Jay

Hi,

I’m just trying to merge both this thread and that one:

• Something as a Custom-View SDK / API ;

• It would be declined in two UX:

• noCode ;
  • more deeply creative SDK / API inspired by Custom-App UI (REACT) SDK !
  • Result should at least be publishable as a sharable / embeddable View !

Regards,

olπ

Jamayne_Iseko

@Jordan_Scott1 any input on this will be greatly appreciated!