cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giulia_mg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Dear Airtable Community,

I'm reaching out to seek assistance with a perplexing issue regarding the Airtable - Power BI Integration that has been causing me considerable frustration.

As many of you are aware, the Airtable API imposes a limit of 100 records per request. However, I've encountered several challenges:

1. Airtable seems to pull 100 records at random, without following any discernible order.
  2. The M Query function only operates when I utilize my API Key, which was supposed to expire last month. Personal access keys and OAuth integrations consistently result in errors.
  3. Attempts to make additional requests with offset values have only yielded errors.
  4. When I've tried to access data via the web, I'm prompted to sign up for Airtable, yet my browser is not supported, and there's no clickable button for further action.

The complexity of this integration has left me feeling disappointed, particularly considering Airtable's primary appeal as a platform for no-code, low-complexity datasets.

Would anyone be able to offer guidance or assistance in resolving these issues?

1 Reply 1

Hey @giulia_mg

Please check my notes below: 

- For authentication you have to use personal tokens on your api calls because API keys don't work any more. 

- For list records request on Airtable you can add sorting by adding the sort parameter on your query parameters. 

- To get more than 100 records. Your first request includes the offset in response. To fetch the next 100 records you have to perform a second call using the offset on your query parameters. 

In my experience Airtable is really powerful database system what gives to end users the opportunity to interact with their data efficiently and easily. On integrations I build with Power BI I didn't have any trouble. May I ask how did you built your queries? 

For any question please do not hesitate to post here. 

Yours sincerely, 
Dimitris Goudis