893 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roegan_Mayes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not really sure how best to phrase or categorize this one. What I have is collaborative in which multiple users need to add data and inventory to a list. So I need to have my community members select a product and add quantity to the database when it’s complete, and I need to track who added what and when. It was recommended to me that I could go with an e-commerce integration, but I don’t need a whole storefront, just a way for multiple members to contribute interger data to lists based on categories of products. Any ideas? Who’s clever?

3 Replies 3

Hi @Roegan_Mayes,

Welcome to Airtable Community !

What you are trying to achieve is doable on Airtable in so many ways, depending on your requirements.

For example, you can use Forms so that they can enter the data without having access to the Base.

If you have a specific question please feel free to ask.

BR,
Mo

Would you, by chance, have access to any tutorials or articles specifically outlining what you think I need? I actually represent a client, so this is all sorta third-hand information. She wants to be able to see when her individual suppliers contribute to her stock. It would be a many-to-many relationship (for all you dB developers out there) whereby a single vendor could contribute multiples of various products, and many vendors could contribute the same products. She wishes a quick-and-dirty way to assess and examine who contributed what and when.

I’m an intermediate dB dev using SQL… I know what code I could use in this instance, but using PHP or something to do what AIRTABLE can already do seems needless.

Hi @Roegan_Mayes,

Well, I think the best way to tackle this is that you would show me what you have so far and what you are trying to achieve (for example, how is the data coming from the suppliers?)

Please send me an email on mohamedswellam@hotmail.com and we can either schedule a meeting or make a video showing me the base and explain what is the end result.

BR,
Mo