cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arnaud_Desclaux
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello.

I would like to apply the same filter on multiple columns. Seems simple… but not at all!

ie:

Today if I want to filter records wich contains the word “test” in at least 1 of 3 columns, I have to configure filter by adding each column to the filter.

I would like to configure something like this:
IF “column A” OR “column B” OR “column C” contains “test”

IRL I need to filter on 15 columns and I would like to have a dropdown menu in my interface to chose a world to filter…

Hope you’ll help me!

Thx a lot!

2 Replies 2

Hey @Arnaud_Desclaux! Welcome in!

So, here’s the example filter configuration for your example.

The Airtable filter layers can be a bit weird for people seeing it for the first time and for people that aren’t fully comfortable with control flow.

When you have to filter records in a more intricate setup, I find that it’s best to look away from Airtable and instead just say out loud exactly what it is that you want to do.

Now, in terms of solutioning for your interface, I think I need a bit more context in order to get a better sense of how you might best implement what you’re looking to build.

Welcome to the community, @Arnaud_Desclaux!

If you need to search for a word within those 15 columns, you could create a formula field that concatenates all 15 columns together, and then just filter on that one formula field.