Help

Re: Auto removing a linked record when the record is removed from a view in the linked table

419 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_McHugh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,
I have two tables, one with a list of my records and one with a list of tasks. I have a view in tasks for outstanding tasks i.e. those not marked as complete. I have a linked field column in my records table which is linked to the outstanding tasks view. There may be more than one outstanding task for a given record. This works fine but the problem I am experiencing is that when I mark a task as complete so that it no longer appears in the outstanding tasks view, it is not automatically removed from the corresponding linked field column in my records table. Instead, I have to remember to manually remove the task from the linked field column. Does anyone know how to auto remove from the linked field when that record is removed from the view it’s linked to?
Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hi @James_McHugh,

Can you share a screenshot of your current table? This would help us to figure out the best way to help.

Off the top of my head, I would consider naming the records in the Tasks table using a Formula. This formula would be something like
IF({Check Box} = 1, "", {Task})
This will let the Record Name be either the Task name or empty in case the Task check box is clicked.

Not sure if that helps.

BR,
Mo